The bamboo matcha whisk (120 Prong) is perfect for preparing matcha green tea by the ancient art of the Japanese tea ceremony. The Japanese tea ceremony is a ritual rooted in Zen Buddhism in which matcha is prepared and served to guests in a calm and tranquil environment. In Japan, the host performs the tea ceremony wearing a kimono on a tatami, or woven straw mat. A formal tea ceremony can take up to 5 hours may include serving sweets and other food in addition to matcha. The following are instructions on performing your own Japanese tea ceremony:
- Step 1: Pour warm water into a matcha bowl.
- Step 2: Empty the bowl of the warm water and add in 2 scoops of matcha powder.
- Step 3: Add warm water into the matcha bowl.
- Step 4: Using this matcha whisk, briskly whisk the matcha powder and the water together until the tea becomes lightly frothy.
- Step 5: Remove the whisk and hold the matcha bowl with both hands. Turn the bowl counter-clock wise twice and serve to guest.